What's the scoop???

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: What's the scoop???
From: tiger technologies <tartanad@ix21.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:23:55 -0700
To all:
There's been nothing but silence from our illustrious TUXXIII organizers
Steve Sage et al. regarding my inquiry as to the judging criteria at Big
Bear. Whatever method he decides on (real scoring sheet judging, step to the
left, step to the right, step in goose poop or whatever???) is fine, but I
believe--as I am sure others do who are prepared to spend a lot of time,
cash and effort to make their Tigers the best they can be--that we should
have the opportunity BEFORE the event to know what the plan is. And if there
is to be true judging, we should have access to the criteria that will be
used, as well as other things like a Masters Class for previous winners and
a Specialty Class for one-offs and, dare I say it, Algers. Yes, Algers.

As a side note, following the fiasco at last year's pooper scooper car show,
my partner Jan Harde and I volunteered our services in open forum to
coordinate this year's judging. Between us, we have more than 30 years
experience in judging shows. Strangely, nobody ever asked for our opinion or
our help. So much for volunteerism...

Hey, I'll pay my $35 bucks for a chicken dinner on Saturday if it helps the
club. I don't even mind paying more than rack rate for a room. My biggest
decision is whether to participate in the concours (please call it a show 'n
shine if that's what it REALLY is) or sell my Tiger Technologies and
Tigerrags stuff at the swap meet. But for the life of me I cannot comprehend
the poor planning here. There has GOT to be another time so that all of us
can maximize our enjoyment of what promises to be one of the best attended
TUs ever.

Can somebody get Mr. Sage out of his cave long enough to spend some real
time on this dilemma? My thanks and the thanks of others if you can.

Jeff/TT