Re: Tigers United

To: bmartin@snf.Stanford.EDU, rootes@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Tigers United
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 23:19:57 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-17 11:21:08 EDT, bmartin@snf.Stanford.EDU writes:

<< p.s. Ramon, after meeting you at Monterey and reading your posts I think
 you would have had a blast last year, 5 days of tire kicking and beer
 drinking plus the Tiger celebs we were graced with was unbelievable. >>

Thank you, Bill.

You are right.

Of all the Tigers Uniteds we've missed the last five years, we definitely miss
that one the most.

Sadly, the post-mortum indicated that all of the things that caused us to say
"no more" to the annual get-together were running rampant there too.  I really
do appreciate your understanding.

It's pretty hard, sometimes, to maintain a proper "composure" when so many
people blindly indict those who voice concerns about some of the aspects of
such a long-honored tradition as Tigers United.  Theresia and I were not
blessed with the opportunity to attend Tigers Uniteds I through VIII.  Number
IX was the first for us, and right up through the twentieth edition in Grants
Pass, it was the number-one attraction of our lives.  There was never any
doubt about going.  We went.  Somewhere along the line, we started seeing
things that weren't quite "right"about the way the events were being
conducted.  We asked questions, and got no answers.  It's all very "secret"
and "hush-hush" you know.  Like how the various events are going to be
"weighted" for Lord Rootes points this year, in so-and-so's favor.  And who
"we" are all going to vote for in the Popular Vote.  Are we having fun yet?
Anybody who finds out and complains is a shit-head.

Well, I guess if Bo kicks us out of his garage 'cause we're shit-heads, then
we'll just go do something else.

Ramon