Re: Paint Code 86

To: bgullatt@traveller.com, owner-tigers@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Paint Code 86
From: FrizBMG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 23:38:12 EDT
Hi Bill
 I too have a '86 colored car.I went to Sagle autobody supply(here in
Columbus,Oh) to pick up my body products.They had the color listed in an OLD
PPG swatch book(under Rootes) from the 70s.The color formula was not on thier
computer.They wound up custom mixing a urethane type paint for me from a
different manufacturer.I have not used it yet.
 If you are going to have a color custom mixed the best place on your car to
get an untouched sample is that cover where the hood latch sits.Use the
underside of that.Your next best bet would be the pieces that support the gas
tanks.
 Good luck!
Tony