Re: Rear-view mirror resto

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Rear-view mirror resto
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 10:03:42 +0100

Roland Dudley wrote:

Jeff,

>   So I went to a local auto
> parts store and bought one of those cheapie mirrors you clip on to a sun
> visor and removed the glass from it.  The guy at Santa Clara Glass cut
> me a new mirror out of this piece in about two minutes.  He said it
> wasn't enough work for him to even charge me.
>
> BTW, I've seen these mirrors in drug an grocery stores too.  The glass
> is ~1/8" thick and is in a plastic frame from which it can be removed
> with little effort.  Price is $2-3, if I recall.  Measure or take
> your old mirror along to make sure it's big enough.
>

> Roland

Roland,

I believe you will find you know have plastic mirrors, whose faces scratches f
your beard reflects in them.  I think glasss is much better.  Pay the $25.

BTW:  Toys "R Us has a suction-cup/clip mount rectangular mirror for mommies to
see the wee ones in the rear seat buckets for $3.  These fit very nicely into
left and right window corners, and give great back left and right  lane views,
even with either top up or down.  Clean winshield, use clean water to attach.
Won't fall off too often.  Use glycerinf for more stable mount, put
non-permanent mount.  Pep Boys has the same ones for $6

Steve

--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >