Re: Hardtop Bows

To: "STEPHEN SALATA USAET(UTC -04:00)" <ssalata.ford@e-mail.com>
Subject: Re: Hardtop Bows
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 21:24:37 -0400
 Can someone give
>me some dimensions (length and wire diameter) for them, along with info on

>any bends in them?  I would like to reproduce a set.

Steve,
        Here goes: ( all bows in relaxed position)
        There 4 wires 1/8" diameter, fairly stiff. Diminsions are:
(I call front bow #1, last bow #4:)

With reference line on inside edge of bend the following reference
points (X,Y)to the top edge of the bows:

 #1= 38 1/8" long (end to end streight across).
 (0,-1/8),
 (1,-1/8),
 (3 5/16,0),
 (4,1/8),
 (4 7/8,1/2),
 (5 7/8, 1 1/8),
 (6 1/2, 1 3/4),
 (6 15/16,2 5/16)
 (7 5/16, 2 1/4).

#2= 38 1/2"
(0,-1/8),
(1 3/4,-1/16),
(3, 1/8),
(3 7/8, 3/8),
(5,7/8),
(5 5/8, 1 1/4),
(6 3/8, 1 7/8),
(6 29/32, 2 1/2),
(7 5/16,2 5/16)

#3= 38 1/2"
(0, -1/8),
(2 7/8,0),
(4, 1/4),
(4 7/8,5/8),
(5 1/2, 1),
(6,1 3/8),
(6 5/8, 2),
(6 15/16, 2 3/8),
(7 1/4,2 5/16)

#4= 38 11/16"
(0,-1/8),
(1,-1/8),
(3 1/4, 0),
(4, 1/8),
(4 7/8, 3/8),
(5 1/2, 5/8),
(6 1/4, 1 1/8),
(6 3/4, 1 5/8),
(7, 1 7/8),
(7 3/8, 1 13/16)

The fabric loops are 3/4"deep by #1=36", #2=35"
#3=37" and #4=36".
the fabric loop , seam or bow spacing is:
#1 to #2= 7 1/2"
#2 to #3= 7 1/4"
#3 to #4= 5 5/8"

There is a flat metal piece that the lining
is pop reveted to on the front edge.  I
did not measure this as it is a compound
curve.  I hope you still have it.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others