Fwd: Tigers United XXIII Results Which Rules?

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Tigers United XXIII Results Which Rules?
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 12:52:14 EDT

--part0_899571134_boundary

From: MWood24020@aol.com
To: rdmallory@earthling.net
Subject: Re: Tigers United XXIII Results Which Rules?
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 12:48:20 EDT

<< The way our reagon reads it LAT options are leagle in Prep or streat prep
 unless listed as in the manifold and carb. In SP SCCA specs the LAT manifold
 and carb. >>

Yes, prepared classes enable you to use a lot more performance stuff. The
point I  was making regards the restrictions in terms of staying in a stock
class, which is what started this whole thread: What is "stock" in terms of
Tiger club events?

<<Not realy ...you can do alot with 420 cfm. Drop by your local circle track
and check
out there street stock class running 350 cfm Hollies.>>

Again, I agree with your point. But, don't you have the ability to swap
intakes and cams in those street stock motors?

<<These rules are like most racing bodies supject to interpitation. You show
up and beat a hot shoe you better match the book to the letter. Finish 3rd
or less no body will say much. You can get buy with a over size engine a lot
easier then adding a sway bar in stock....>>

That's the bottom line: Run up front at a well attended event with guys who
plan on going to Nationals or something and be prepared to be scrutinized. At
most of the regional events out here, you could be running a 347 stroker motor
and the full on Dale Akuzewski suspension set up and, since nobody knows
anything about Tigers (generalization), you wouldn't be bothered. Again,
unless you beat up on the local "hot shoe".

Mike Wood
'67 Tiger 302
'68 Crusader FV vintage racer
'77 Yamaha RD400 cafe racer