CAT Alternator Bracket

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: CAT Alternator Bracket
From: "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 17:51:42 -0700
the CAT bracket. I just installed a 1 wire alternator in my '66. I used the
CAT bracket, but I modified it first. The original design of the bracket,
in my opinion, is flawed. The gussets that support the upper alternator
mounting point do nothing to keep the bracket from breaking off at the head
mounting area. The gussets should be longer and extend well below the head
mounting bolt pattern. Look for my posting 2-3 days ago. I used a Ford
alternator. I have a schematic if anyone is interested. It works.

M.Sutter B382002475