Oil filter

To: tiger list <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil filter
From: pamelam@connix.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 17:06:16 -0400 (EDT)
Driving home Friday afternoon, I smelled something burning. Oil pressure
OK, emergency brake off, shut down and pull over.

What had happened is the 250 psi aeroquip hose going to my aftermarket
remote oil filter adapter was spewing a nice high pressure stream of hot
oil into the cooling fan. What a mess!

Now I am torn between going back to original or using "shorty" filters.

Has anyone used the short filter? What is the dimension? My Volvo uses a 3"
filter, but I am not sure if it will clear under road conditions. Or better
yet, does anyone have a part number?

Bob Melusky