Re: What's the trick?

To: "Schotland" <schotbus@cyberenet.net>, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: What's the trick?
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:42:51 +0100
>What's the trick to removing an original steering wheel center cap
>without destroying it?
>
>After years of parting out cars, this is the first one I've come
>across that is worth saving.  I'd hate to have to take Mr. Sledge
>Hammer to it in order to get the steering wheel off.
>
>I've tried grabbing the aluminum piece underneath it with needle
>nose pliers and vice grips, but I just can get a good enough grip on
>it spin the center cap off.
>
>Any suggestions appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Gary

Gary, I just removed mine a while ago, I used a very small screw driver and
slipped it in between the chrome outer ring of the horn button and the
plastic(or is it aluminum) beneath it.  I think a knife blade might also
work, just pry around the circumference and it should lift off.  then
there's scews under I think to remove the rest.  Hope this helps regards
Armand

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie