Re: Rear differential, Posi Lubricant

To: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad)
Subject: Re: Rear differential, Posi Lubricant
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 22:48:36 -0700
At 08:47 PM 7/29/98 -0700, you wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Jul 1998 09:08:59 -0400 "Parlee, Brad (ED&C,SLS)"
><brad.parlee@edc.ge.com> writes:
>>> Am I in trouble?  I think I just put the 90 gear back in after I put
>>in a Pow-R-Lock?
>Brad

>Well I sure had problems!  Did you at least use the 90 weight with
>the GL-5 in it (marked for POSI).  I did and that wasn't enough.
>Just a small amount of the Ford stuff quieted it right down!
>
>Gary

The smelly "Ford stuff" is the right additive to cure the clutch plate
chatter problem with Dana Posi carriers.  I've found nothing else that
works anywhere near as well.  A few ounce's added to standard 90 wt or even
GL-5 (posi  designated) lubricants works wonders.  I've added it to real
"Problem situations" and felt the results in less than 15 feet of driving.
This stuff is really odiferous, but it works.