Re: Ugly black marks

To: "James Pickard" <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Ugly black marks
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 18:57:04 -0400
At 12:33 AM 8/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>The corner pads on my newly restored hardtop left ugly black marks on the
>paint.  How do I remove the marks (polishing compound didn't do the trick)
>and how do I protect the paint from further damage?
>
>Jim Pickard
>B9473298

Jim,
        One of my fellow workers has several restored Corvets.  He has a clear
plastic sheet under the hardtop rubber.  He says it is available from Corvet
supply dealers.  Of course you are not allowed to use any General motors
product (even aftermarket) on a Tiger, else your Tiger will get infected
and die.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others