Re: Engine Mounts

To: <FrizBMG@aol.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Engine Mounts
From: "louabbot" <louabbot@mail.ameritel.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 11:50:19 -0500
Hold on,
There is a major difference in the two motor mounts. It took a lot of
research to find out why my motor was overheating. Along the journey, I
discovered I could not install a new larger core radiator other prople were
using.  Wonder why? The last owner reversed the mounts with a previous
motor change. That  moved the motor forward 3/4 of an inch. Old stuff fit,
but with minimal clearance. I am at the same place you are with
reinstalling a rebuilt motor/tranny. I will check the mounts for numbers.
BUT...here is a typical benefit of TE/AE membership (of which has been
challenged lately)...it's a good networking tool for Sunbeam
owners....treat people right and you get the same in return.  As I recall
Tiger Tom or Scott Worth (forgive spelling errors) clued me in on the mount
problem. I've had the Tiger for 10 years and can rely on any TE/AE member
for help. Check with those two for correct part numbers and RH/LH issues.
How are you installing it? From the top or bottom? There is a good motor
mount/dolly on the web page to roll the motor in from the bottom and lower
the car to connect.
Lou