Re: Insurance?

To: "Steve Laifman" <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Subject: Re: Insurance?
From: "JAN HARDE" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 13:13:08 -0700
Steve,
Understand that the stated value coverage, it does not automatically imply
that f your car is gone tomorrow that they will pay that $$$ amount, the
burden of proof is still on your shoulders to prove that the car was worth
that $$$$ at time of loss.
This is especially true with Farmers, State Farm, AAA and a few others, to
cover your BUTT, you should get proper appraisals, then get J.C. Taylor,
American Collectors, Cigna, Sneed Robinson you will then be with a company
who specializes in this product.
I have spent the last 24 years in the Insurance business, and have seen to
many problems, where people have had a loss on a classic/collectible, having
had one of the Farm's or AAA, the nightmares that followed for the owners I
can not describe to you...
As a disclaimer of course, I will say, I am not out to Bash any companies,
they have their place in the market, but NOT in the classic/collectible.
Good Luck to all, and get covered the right way, remember COST is only, and
should only be 10% of your decision, the quality of coverage and the agent
is the balance, no one ever said to me that  they where happy that they
saved $ 100 per year to get a hassle at claim time, and collect $5,000
less...

Take care all....

Jan Harde, LUTCF