Gas Tanks

To: Kevin Meek <kevnmeek@netcom.com>
Subject: Gas Tanks
From: hoftiger <hoftiger@cinci.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 19:57:04 -0400
I can't tell if my message went out before. After several hours I got
back on and there was no indication it went out. Thought I would try
again. Sorry if you get this twice. If you send a message to the list,
do you get it yourself?

Curt Hoffman

H_e_l_p

My Tiger started leaking gas  this weekend. I pulled the left tank and
it is leaking fairly badly. About three years ago when I restored the
car I had the tanks dipped and sealed. The guy told me I ought to get
new tanks since mine were pretty rough. I told him that wasn't as easy
as it sounds and just fix them as best he could. They were dipped and
then sealed internally and painted externally, and I coated with all
kinds of goop to prevent rust. All to no avail.

The outer surfaces are rusty again. I can't quite tell where it is
leaking. I figure I'll play around some more with it once I get about 6
more beers in me to calm me back down.

Anyway- does anyone have any solid tanks, or at least a left  one if
that's all you have, that you would be willing to part with. I didn't
pull the right once since it currently isn't leaking but would buy that
too on a bet that it is next. I  would love to just buy solid tanks and
get me back in the game. I am planning on the United in Maryland and I'd

hate to not have a Tiger to bring just because I can't get gas to the
engine. Maybe a half keg in the trunk as a backup?

Thanks for any leads on tanks or advice on the best thing to do at this
point.

Curt Hoffman