Re: 289's

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 289's
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 07:40:49 -0700
Curt, Fred, et Listers,

Sorry for my "curt" posting. I was pressed for time to elaborate. My point
is, we are straying farther and farther from the issue here. Now let's see:
the starter bolts to the bell housing, the bell housing bolts to the block.
As far is I know, all 5-bolt blocks look the same from behind!! I can't
tell you how many different bell housings there are that fit a 5-bolt
block. In any case, what does this have to do with telling the difference
between a 260 and a 289??

Again, as the Laifman says, check the casting number if you want to know
what it is.

Bob