the dark side of the lighter side

To: <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Subject: the dark side of the lighter side
From: "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 08:26:37 -0400
>Jay Laifman

Hi, Jay; haven't heard from you in a while, at least not since I sent the
second audio tape of the road racing sound effects. Were you able to pick
out Don Sesslar's Alpine from that? I couldn't.

>First, let me say that I have enjoyed Colin's postings immensely.

Yeah; the best. Somewhere about the NM border, he'll have driven more miles
that I have since I bought the Garage Queen in 1991 (only a slight
exaggeration); plus Colin's a storyteller of the first order.

>Whatever happened to Larry Wright's "On the Lighter Side" type postings?

Jay, I seem to have inadvertently subscribed to the I'm Smarter Than You
Are e-mail distribution list, a forum most folks would say I'm not
qualified to participate in. Thus, I have been keeping a lower profile
until I find my way back.

Actually, what looked like the nucleus of an enjoyable thread arose a
couple of weeks back, only to peter out. Some of the West coast boys were
discussing videotaping an event, but the costs involved threatened to
escalate the project into a true Hollywood epic like... like... like...
like "Enter the Tiger", starring Jackie Chan as an outraged Tiger
enthusiast on a rampage through Southern California looking for his stolen
Mk II, kickboxing his way through entire gangs of "rice-boy" Honda drivers
and throwing LAT 70 spinners like shuriken. Following clues like a TAC
sticker found in a fortune cookie, he recovers the car only to find it's an
Alger, setting the stage for "Enter the Tiger II". Could have been a truly
_riveting_ tale.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products, Division of USOP
PH 301-386-7923  FX 301-386-5333
lrw@aop.com