Re: Hypothetical

To: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Hypothetical
From: "Joe Hankins" <jhankins@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 08:34:23 -0400
Hey Guys!

I've been lurking for quite a while now, but I just can't keep quiet any
longer! How about those guys who  want to pursue the  "to TAC or not to TAC"
question and the morality of revealing that a car may not be traceable back
to the "one true Tiger" do so somewhere else?  This last missive about
pondering the meaining of TAC 7 miles above the earth is more than my
stomach can stand.  Some people are taking themselves way to seriously here!

I can tell you that, if I was pondering dropping serious money in order to
get an honest-to-god Mark II Tiger, I wouldn't depend only on the word of a
self-sanctioned committee who got together and said "We're the experts
because we say we are experts and after all, we are the experts."  I would
be pretty confident that if they told me it was a fake, it would indeed be a
fake. But that ain't near enough.  Anybody who would drop 30 large on the
strength of a TAC  certification would be fair game for any serious con
artist worth his salt!  Having a car TAC's is a clear no-win proposition.
You either find out that it definitely is a fake, or maybe it isn't.  Such a
deal!

(And it's just a coincidence that my name is Joe!)

Joe