Re: Can't read the # while it's spinning around

To: lrw@aop.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Can't read the # while it's spinning around
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 22:10:26 EDT

<< Sounds like you really know your cams, Mike. I'll have to look at what
 little documentation came with the engine, see what cam # they specify.
 But, yes, the idle is as I described, for sure. >>
I don't profess to know too much about anything, but did a bunch of research
on the various "303" (F, X, B etc.) grinds before I bought my crate motor.
Another thought I had about the rough idle concerns the dampener and flywheel
used. What did you do for a dampener? Maybe you have a 28.8 oz. imbalance
dampener with a 50 oz. flywheel or something like that? The only problem with
this thought is that the shaking would probably recur at different rpm levels
all the way up and would be _very_ noticeable. Just a thought though.
Also, is it possible it could be related to the carb used? Do you use a carb
which is bigger than 500cfm? Or is there any vacumn leaks?
Just trying to give you more work,
Mike