Re: Sunbeam Letters

To: FrizBMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Letters
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 10:40:25 -0700

FrizBMG@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Gang
>  I was wondering,what is the best way to remove the S-U-N-B-E-A-M letters on
> the trunk(er...boot).Pliers from the inside or a putty knife from the
> outside?Or some hitherto undreamed of combination of tools?The letters are in
> good shape so I dont want to damage them.Ask first,there is no such thing as a
> stupid question.
> See...no TAC or tomato soil content here.
> Tony

Whoa!

Put those pliers down.  The letters are held on by a small rubber gasket against
the paint, a "D" shaped washer to spead the load, and by two small "H" shaped
spring steel push-on clips per letter.  A small screwdriver blade, inserted
between the springy legs grabbing the post on the letter, and a little twist,
while gently pulling them, and they come off.   If you're really carefull you
can
reuse these pieces when you put them back on, but the set is so cheap at Sunbeam
Specalties it's hardly worth it.

Easy does it, and don't scratch the paint or pull the trunk metal, it may bend a
litlle.

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >