Isle of Man Vintage Cars

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Isle of Man Vintage Cars
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 08:03:53 -0700
Warwick Jones, our good 'lister' in GB, has been trying to send a post
with a number of great UK sites on the Isle on Man Vintage Car events.
These sights have some grand pictures, including a 400 hp Tiger 260
(?).  Eat your heart out, Dale.  He has sent it six times, and doesn't
get confrimation.  He has asked me to try, and I have forwarded it, 3
times. Not getting a copy in my own mail, I figure something's wrong
with the list accepting the message.  The only thing I see that is
unusual is the small type face in his original I was forwarding.

Therefore, as any good Rocket Scientists knows, when something doesn't
work - try a random change.  I have copied his message and pasted it in
my own message, rather than forwarding it.

I recommend you visit these, as they have some really great pictures,
including some special Tigers.

Steve.

Original message from Warwick:

Steve,

If in doubt.....ask a rocket scientist!

I have been trying to send the following to the group with no success,
any ideas (could you post it for me?)!  One begins to lose their sense
of
humour after the sixth attempt!

Thanks

Warwick

I have been checking out the competition for this years Manx Classic
(10th Anniversary Year!), and boy am I in some trouble!

There is no way I can keep up with these guys, take a look at the
following....

http://www.chasestead.com/chasestead/notes/dave.htm

I think I'll pray for rain!  Power is nothing without control!

Also check out the following....

http://www.isle-of-man.com/sport/classic/index.htm

the photo galleries are worth a look, and the following two photo's sum
it all up......It is not the winning that is important, it is the taking

part.......believe that and you will believe anything, now how do I get
400+ hp out of a 260?

http://www.isle-of-man.com/sport/classic/1996/gallery/photo1.htm

http://www.isle-of-man.com/sport/classic/1997/gallery/gallery2/photo5.htm

Warwick Jones