How To Drive Into Accidents - And How NOT To

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: How To Drive Into Accidents - And How NOT To
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 12:45:01 -0400

     Long time listers may remember that I asked some general automotive
     questions in this forum, a couple years back, to help a friend who was
     writing a book about driving.  Well the book is at the printers, and
     the advertising has started.

     I'll bet at least some of you out there have a teen aged son or
     daughter who is just starting to drive, and who someday may ask for
     the keys your car, or (gasp!) your Tiger.  Don't you wish that there
     was some way to pound some sense into their head about what a serious
     undertaking driving is?

     The book my friend is publishing "How To Drive Into Accidents - And
     How NOT To", attempts to do just that.  Rather than a bunch of rules,
     and silly examples ("Driver A enters the intersection while Driver B
     wants to turn left...... " BOOOOOORING!) he uses his own real world
     experiences, and those of friends, to illustrate his points.

     Who is this guy?  His name is Bob Pease.  Those of you in the EE field
     may recognize his name from his popular column in Electronic Design,
     or from his work for National Semiconductor, as "Analog Guru and Czar
     of Band Gaps". He has traveled, lectured and driven all over the
     world.  One of my first jobs was working with Bob at Teledyne
     Philbrick (back in the early 70's), and we've been in touch ever
     since.  When he started this book, he asked me to join his rather
     extensive network of editors, reviewing each chapter as he wrote it.

     Again, the title is: How To Drive Into Accidents - And How NOT To , by
     Robert A. Pease.

     He is self publishing, so the only way to get it for now, is over the
     web.  Check it his web site at:  http://www.transtronix.com

     As of yesterday the book was at the printer, but he wasn't sure when
     the first copies would be available.  I guess printers are like body
     shops......

     Disclaimer:  Though I was an editor or the book, and will receive a
     free copy for my efforts, in no way will I profit from any sales.

     Stu Brennan