Re: Utterfilth - Round 1

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>, RSpontelli@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Utterfilth - Round 1
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 21:37:23 -0700
Guys!!, Guys!!

Geeez. And I was just looking forward to a nice quiet evening at home.
Well, I had come to the conclusion that Ramon wasn't really so pissed off
at me so much as he was just taking the opportunity to dump some more on
poor Bill. However, I would like to state publicly that I have already
written personal notes of apology, remorse, and contrition to those whom I
had particularly offended or injured, so I may as well include everyone
right here and now. It was a stupid, rash act done in a moment of
frivolity. I went to my favorite search engine, typed "pushrod" and, voila,
there it was just begging to be posted. Hey, I didn't even go there until
AFTER I sent it. OHHH CRAAAP!!!  I forgot that the Brave New World had
already arrived - ten years ago. So I'll admit it; my behavior was, in a
word, INAPPROPRIATE. But, unlike Bill, it was a lot less satisfying and I
only did it once, not every Sunday after church. AND, I didn't lie about it
either. AND furthermore Ramon, who the hell are you to start moralizing me,
AND FURTHERMORE - - -  Hey, this is starting to get fun!! UH OH, was that
the buzzer Steve??

Battlin' Bob

At 08:34 PM 9/4/98 -0700, Steve Laifman wrote:

>RSpontelli@aol.com wrote:
>
>> Bob,
>>
>> If this is meant to be an apology, and an expression of remorse for what
you
>> did, then I strongly urge you to look somewhere besides the White House
for a
>> role model in these matters.
>>
>> Ramon
>
>And the fight is on.  In this corner, with the red face and the asbestos
shorts,
>is contender Rapacious Ramon, weighing in at 185 pounds (including 6
packs).  In
>the opposite corner, the current Heavy-Mouth Title Holder, Dr. Robert Palmer,
>expert in five forms the oriental art of putting own feet in mouth,
>simultaneously.
>
>Neither opponent has ever concede defeat in their previous matches with other
>contenders for the Title.
>
>In this first round Battling Bob has come out with all limbs and digits
waving in
>a mystical eastern ritual.  Ramon has just knocked off two 6-packs in two
>minutes, and has started the round with a sharp swing to the midsection.
It's a
>hit.  The referee is down for 8.
>
>Don't touch that dial! Stay tuned for all the action.
>
>But first a word from our sponsor -
>
>{9->
>
>All in good fun, fellows.  What good is a fight, if there is no cheering
>section.  I have an off-shore web site available for side bets, but I can't
>broadcast it because someone else may get canned.
>
>--
>Steve Laifman         < One first kiss,       >
>B9472289              < one first love, and   >
>                      < one first win, is all >
>                      < you get in this life. >
>

>_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
>                         _/
>                    _/_/_/

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com