Re: Car Talk Survey

To: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie), tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Car Talk Survey
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 11:34:19 -0700
Armand,

Sorry about the problems with Lorie, Armand. Perhaps it would help if you
referred her to the apology I posted last Saturday. But look on the bright
side; when has she ever before met you at the door grinning and wrapped in
nothing but Saran Wrap???  BTW, after reading part of the Ken Star report,
I suppose we can expect a lot of crude jokes involving cigars. Now, do you
suppose that cigar Bill was smoking while wearing Monika's tie had some
special significance too??

Now to some(?) Tiger content: Ramon has informed me that his $1200/MKII
reference had to do with a thread that went through this list about 2-3
years ago and refers to the price someone wanted for their MKII egg-crate
grill. Most of you probably knew this already and just wanted to let that
big dog lie. Too bad a few of us didn't know better. Maybe Ramon could help
us out by posting a list of his favorite allusions and comments with
alpha-numeric cross-references. This could save tons of bandwidth. For the
case in point, he could just post something short, like "MKII-1200", and
the crowd could howl with laughter.

OK, you guys can go back to reading the Star report now.

Bob

At 09:03 PM 9/11/98 +0100, Armand & Lorie Ritchie wrote:
>>Jan....
>
>Hay, you can view the whole Ken Star report on (www.nbc.com).  Your right
>Jan, it's steamy, better than any fictional novel that's for sure.
>later Armand
>
>ritchie@mcn.org
>Armand & Lorie Ritchie

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com