Re: ID #s

To: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: ID #s
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 10:02:12 -0700
At 11:19 PM 9/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey, guys:
>
>Is the serial # for a Tiger stamped anywhere on the body and/or chassis
>other than on the ID plate?  There is a fellow here in my area who has
>inherited a Tiger that has been torn down for several years.  The previous
>owner had started a restoration project on the car but did not have a
>chance to finish before his untimely death.  He has the title with the
>serial # listed but he posed this question to me tonight about the
>whereabouts of the number being stamped elsewhere on the car.  I had to
>admit that I didn't know.  Anybody know?
>
>Thanks,
>Andy Walker

Look for the transmission and the aluminum tag rivited to the right side.
It contains a serial number which may be traceable.  Second, examine the
rear end differential casting in the flat area at the bottom of the pinion.
 This flat area also frequently has a serial number (prox 1/2" chrs, and
hard to see) which may be traceable.  Contact Norman with these numbers and
he may be able to match them together back to the factory records and the
VIN & JAL.  If they don't match the factory records, you got pieces period.

Tom