San Diego British Car Day - Oct. 4

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: San Diego British Car Day - Oct. 4
From: OldeAlp@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 14:14:25 EDT
San Diego British Car Day and Picnic will be on October 4, 1998 at Fairbrook
Farms, Bonsall (northern San Diego County).

We expect about 300 cars including 35 Sunbeams and Hillmans, but have capacity
for many more!  Registration begins at 9:00AM, $15 per car including
passengers.  Spectators ($2 each) will be admitted at 10:00AM.

Listers already entered are Brock Tella (Tiger), Bob Palmer (Tiger), John
Souders (Alpine RHD), Bob Willis (AlpineV6), Dick Barker (LeMans Tiger), David
Imes (Hillman Husky), George Tipp (Hillman conv), and Ole Olson (Supreme
Alpine).

Another "kick-ass" entry you might like to see is Mark Rodriguez' inter-cooled
turbocharged V6 Alpine.

ALL British cars are invited for a day of fun and relaxation - this is NOT a
concours event, though best of marque trophies are awarded.  But the best
prize is the "Beater" award for the running car deemed most in need of
restoration (OldeAlp was the winner of this in 1988).

A food vendor will be on site, but you are welcome to bring your own and your
well-stocked cooler.

Fairbrook Farms is at 4949 So. Mission Road, Bonsall.

Directions:

>From I-5   At Oceanside, go east on Hwy 76 (Mission Ave.) 12 miles, turn left
on Mission Road 1/4 mile.

>From I-15   Go west on Hwy 76 (Pala Rd. - a dozen miles south of Temecula or
north of Escondido) 4 1/2 miles, turn right on Mission Rd 1/4 mile.

Hope to see you there!

"Ole" Olson