Re: Rod length and oil additives

To: rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rod length and oil additives
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 01:08:07 EDT

<< Any comment on the trick where you reverse the pistons to relocate the
 wrist pin
 >and thus improve the rod geometry? >>
I believe this idea has gained acceptance due to Smokey Yunick's references in
one of his books. I also seem to remember that the benefit was increased time
spent at TDC, leading to more efficient combustion.
The only thing I know for sure is that this "trick" is guaranteed to promote
greater noise coming from your engine's internals.
Mike