Re: Introduction and Questions

To: Doug Mallory <rdmallory@earthling.net>
Subject: Re: Introduction and Questions
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 20:39:52 -0400
At 07:07 AM 9/29/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >Also you could use a Lakewood Scatter
>>Shield.
>
>It will not fit. I got a brand new one sitting on a shelf.
>
>Doug
        I installed a Lakewood on my Tiger II several
years ago along with a Boss 302.  I admit that I had to
hammer form the area of the firewall around the starter
mount hump of the Lakewood.  Also the Lakewood apparently
didn't  align the starter correctly with the flywheel
and after a few years the teeth were knocked off of the
ring gear.  I replaced the ring gear and changed back to
a standard bell housing.  Had to fabricate/modify the
slave cylinder Tiger II bracket to fit the Lakewood.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others