Thanks

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Thanks
From: "Burruss, Bob" <Burruss@camber.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 22:05:23 -0500
Fellow Sunbeam-ers,

     I just wanted to Thank everyone for the large amount of info regarding
my planned swap to a roller cam 302.  The response to my questions was
large, quick, and extremely helpful.  I'm grateful.

     I also wanted to mention a couple of possibly unusual Rootes
documents that I received when I purchased my car.  The first says 'CAR
LABEL' at the top but appears to be more of a shipping invoice.  It covers
two cars, mine (382000782) and one other (382000707).  Both cars were
shipped via the S.S. Silver Sea to a buyer British American Imports in
Houston.  It also list chassis, engine number, color, and Rootes order no
for each car (along with equipment, dates, weights, etc).  It is a Rootes
document, with Rootes logo top left and a red background proclaiming "A
PRODUCT OF THE ROOTES GROUP FOR EXPORT".  I don't know if these are common
or not, but I thought if #382000707 is out there, its owner might like a
copy for his/her records.

     The second is titled "A Rootes Special Accessory - Fitting Instructions
for Electric Clock (Negative earth models only)"  At the bottom it says
"Printed in England" and "Kit 409", and is presumably intended for the
dealer since the first instruction is to "Hand the smith's owners guarantee
and instruction leaflet to the owner".  It covers installation in various
Rootes models.

                                        Bob Burruss
                                        (burruss@camber.com)

P.S. Lou Abbott: I tried to respond to your e-mail, but each attempt bounced
back to me.  I do live in Huntsville, and we may have met here, but I'll
almost bet you're thinking of my Dad (Jim).  He remembers meeting you.  His
is the red, original paint, lowered Tiger that most people remember by its
sidepipes.