Family Feud

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Family Feud
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 11:03:01 -0700
Listers,

Just like any other happy family, a little feuding breaks out on the List
from time to time. Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way. Apologies
are optional and, either way, most everyone manages to stay on board as we
bump merrily on down the road. I've certainly ruffled my share of feathers;
sometimes intentionally, sometimes not. All in all, I am amazed at the
depth and diversity of knowledge represented on this List. Just about any
subject brought up here, and that takes in quite a range, gets a pretty
thorough review. So let the show continue!!

As to the Mayf's recent rantings, I also apologize for helping to send him
ballistic by using the "I" word in reference to his motor. I also confess
that I further compounded this unintentional slander with a quite
intentional hyperbole regarding its high cost ($50k). Larry has informed me
privately that he hasn't spent anywhere near this amount (yet). (Hey Larry,
I've got a big box of receipts hidden out in the garage I hope my wife
never finds too!!) Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, we're all fair game for
slander here, so get used to the heat or head for some cooler region of
cyber space. But I'm hoping everyone, and the Mayf in particular, decides
to stay.

Still shooting from the hip in San Diego,

Bob
Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com