DMV Refunds Available

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, 50natics@lists.best.com, fordnatics@lists.best.com
Subject: DMV Refunds Available
From: Rob Guerra <Bomber44@kaiserair.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 10:08:15 -0700
Fellow listers,

I received information in the mail regarding DMV tax refunds. I do not know
if the information is valid, but I thought I would pass it along. The
following is the information I received in its entirety.

VEHICLE ENTHUSIAST,

PLEASE PUT THIS CAR TAX REFUND NOTICE IN CLUB PUBLICATIONS,
ON WEBSITES AND ON BULLETIN BOARDS.

CALIFORNIA CAR TAX REFUNDS

You may be the current or former owners of a car, truck, etc who is
entitled to a "car tax" refund, but you have to ask. Generally, you have to
have purchased the vehicle before August 1991, and its registration slip
has to show either (a) 13, 16, 17, 23, 26, 33, 37, 43 or 47 as the first
two characters of the "type veh" code, or, (b) less than "92" as the "* yr"
designation. Details are at WWW.CASHOP.COM/DMV-REFUNDS on the Internet.

For a refund, write DMV at Box 932338, Sacramento, CA 94232-3380, mention
the "Woosley litigation," include make, year, license or VIN number (if you
know them) of your vehicles and mention all of the license years you want
refunded.

Rob