RE: More Rants on Rods...+ Rod stress and Strains

To: DrMayf@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: More Rants on Rods...+ Rod stress and Strains
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 16:21:49 -0600
And I forgot wrist pin offset...
Assume a crankshaft going into the screen (actually something I feel like doing
sometimes), with the piston assembly oriented vertically (moving up and down)
and the crank rotating clockwise through angle a. Positive 'x' wristpin offset
is to the right. I'll denote the square of a value as value^2.

height = r * cos(a) + sqrt(R^2 - (r*sin(a) - x)^2)

Is this topic bludgeoned to death yet?

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705