Hot Tiger in Houston ..

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Hot Tiger in Houston ..
From: Joe Parlanti <joseph.parlanti@hyprotech.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 10:38:50 -0500
Finally got the Tiger on the road after my overheating episode a week or so
ago. Thanks to those who replied directly. The culprit was a clogged
radiator. As I mentioned before the core was also cracked. After many
suggestions about using the Modine cores, I found the Houston distributor
for Modine called Four Seasons Radiator. I took the radiator to them and
they custom fit a Modine high efficiency 3-row core for $230. I was told
that to get the 4-row in, they would have to spread the tanks, and that
would put enough stress on them to cause problems later. While I had
everything apart, I powder coated the pulley and fan blade. The other
modification was to add a Gano filter in-line with the upper radiator hose.
I really like being able to see what's going into the radiator. On the way
into work today, I was seeing maybe 170 deg. F with ambient temp being
about 72 deg. F. Even with the cooler ambient temps, I'm seeing at least 20
deg. less than before the overheating problem started.
Joseph Parlanti
Hyprotech Inc.
1110 NASA Rd. 1
Houston, Tx. 77058