Woodley Park and Little Sunbeams

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Woodley Park and Little Sunbeams
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 17:25:17 -0700
Well, Beamer's,

Woodley Park British Car Day has come and gone.  A double
handful of Sunbeam's were there.  Steve and Jane Sage were
taking names.  Jan Hardy, Jeff Cushing, and your's truly
were all lined up and ready for play.  Great sunny day and
lot's of English Iron (or aluminum) were on hand.  Jay Leno
brought his early Bentley around.  There was a Humber Super
Snipe, but somehow it was parked by the Triumphs.  Ugly
duckling syndrome?  Plenty of Jensen owner's wandered by at
wouldn't believe the Tigers were "Jensens" too.  Showed them
the JAL tag.  So now we can go to British Car Day, Shelby
Day, Jensen Day, Chrysler Day, and soon Mercedes
(Chrysler-Daimler) Day.  Heck, even TU and SUNI.  We'll
never be home.

My next Big Plan is Vintage Auto Racing in Palm Springs for
Thanksgiving 4 day weekend.

At the event I found what everybody says they wan't, but
can;t find.  A Scale Model of a Tiger, or an Alpine.  They
are made in England of silver plated pewter, and are mounted
on a sculpted oval piano finish wood base.  A silver-pewtar
identifying plaque is on the base, and the model is nicely
finished.  The model is 3 inches long, and the base is 4 by
3 1/4 by 1/2 thick. A  gold label on the botom gives a short
history. Little anti-scratch pads are on the bottom as
well.  It costs about $40 (don't know if this is show
special price or regular) and is being marketed by "The Very
Best of British", P/O Box 49555, West Hills, CA 91308.
(818) 703-4660 (P.G.I. Corp).  These are nicely made by Mark
Models Ltd., B33 9 AQ  (whatever that means).  Called "The
Classic Car Collection", a large number of cars are listed
on the back of the box.  There are larger ones, as well, but
not Tigers.

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >