Re: Bonneville HP (was Rods and Rants and other stuff)

To: DrMayf@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bonneville HP (was Rods and Rants and other stuff)
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 21:02:01 -0400
At 09:25 PM 10/10/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Drat! ...
>Ok, crap. Well in for a penny, in for a pound....

        I wish you well with your adventure. I hope
you have very good rods if you crank up the boost.

My only question relates to the "run up" distance.
In several articles I have read on Salt Flat speed
attempts, there always seemed to be a problem getting
traction on the salt.  It appears to be difficult to
put the power down to accelerate to the proposed
starting line speed.  Narrow high pressure tires
needed for the high speed and lower rolling resistance
are not known for much forward traction.
Have you computed your expected acceleration?

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others