Tiger Seats

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tiger Seats
From: Pen Pendleton <pen@groundzero.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 98 20:52:40 -0700
This is my first e-mail. I am a proud new owner of B9471598.

I love my little Mk 1, however, the seats are pretty tired. However, I
was thinking of putting in some nice period-style racing seats - not full
race, but maybe something with an adjustable back rake and full padding
(but a race-style deep bucket).  FYI: I am not opposed to functional
modifications to my car as long as it can easily be put back to original
condition (I've got a pretty original car) for selling purposes (if I
ever...). I also plan to install one of Jeff Cushing's LAT replica hoods
and may even toss a Lemans stripe just for fun.

I know that I can have the famous Martha completely re-do my existing
seats, but I was looking for something a bit different (I'm also not
crazy about how I fit in the stock seats).

Any thought? Is there a good seat as described that fits in a Tiger? Was
this a popular period modification for rally cars or autocross cars?