Lower Dash Roll, and Digest issue request

To: "Tigerlist * (E-mail)" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Lower Dash Roll, and Digest issue request
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 07:43:26 -0500
 Frank Marrone wrote:
*Has anyone out there have experience with this?  Do I just cut the new
=
*vinyl square or should I cut in the curve of the metal bar?  I've
little =
*upholstery experience.

Frank, I did mine last year from one of Martha Wheat's kits; she sent a
long skinny rectangle, no curve. It was somewhat wider than needed for
the straight part, which helped when curving around the steering column
(sorry, I have no dimensions and diassembling the dash to get one not
practical). Mine was leather, somewhat stiff, but it negotiated the
curve OK with a lot of tugging and cussing. If you're doing yours in
vinyl, it'll be OK. You _will_ be cutting little tabs in the part that
wraps around the back of the bar, the more cuts the better. I found the
toughest part getting a neat finish at both ends, eventually I got Susan
to sew them up neat so they won't come loose later. BTW, if your car is
early enough not to have vents, consider getting an Alpine SV bar with
the vent-knob-bar brackets built in so you can add the vents later.

Also, our server went brain-dead at one point, I think, and I did not
get the digest with Monday's posts. If anybody kept a copy and could
forward to me, I'd appreciate it.

Just got back from United XX, had a ball! Hat's off to our TE/AE United
team!

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP