General enquiry from classic@eisa.net.au

To: "tigers" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: General enquiry from classic@eisa.net.au
From: User <classic@eisa.net.au>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:24:59 +1000
Hi

My name is Darryl and I live in Brisbane, Australia and am considering the
purchase of a Tiger.  I have some knowledge of the Rootes Group vehichles
in general, due to owning and recently restoring a Mk 8 Hillman Californian
  (http://www.brigadoon.com/~craigb/hillman/darryl.html), but other than
what I have been able to glean from the net, and limited personal contact,
my knowledge on the Tiger is somewhat sparse.
Any information/assistance that could be offered would be greatly
appreciated.  It is my intention of visiting the U.S. early in the new
year.

Some questions that come readily to mind  on the Tiger are:

        (a)     what is the availablity of RHD cars, and where would be
        best source
to look (other than in the U.K.)

        (b)     how complex is a LHD to RHD conversion and the approx.
                cost

        (c)     how easy is it to get a car TAC'd

cheers

Darryl Jenetsky

98 Misubishi Pajero/Montero
55 Hillman Californian