Re: American Racing Center caps

To: Alvin and Lucille Johnson <johnson@ids.net>
Subject: Re: American Racing Center caps
From: john brawley <johnj7@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 12:07:46 -0700
Alvin and Lucille Johnson wrote:

> Someone was looking for these a while back. I just found them when I was
> chasing down some parts for Stu Brennan, who is coming by Saturday to
> cherry-pick my Tiger spares. I only have three. One of the caps is an
> original chrome plastic center piece that covered the center hole in the
> middle of the accessory American Racing Mags pictured in Chittenden's
> book.
> Two other American Racing chrome plastic center caps are similar, but
> they are larger and have a hex-shaped top. I've had these for 25 years
> in storage for someone out there who came too close to a curbstone. All
> 3 are perfect.
> Al J.

Al,

        I was the one looking for a set of center caps for AR Libre wheels.

        I found and purchsed four new caps, plastic chrome, with a red and blue
strip in the black center piece and American above the blue stripe and
Racing logo below the red one. They are snap on with prongs on the back
to snap over a ridge on the wheel hub.

Only problem is they don't fit!

It looks like they will fit a wheel hub with an inside demension of 2
3/8" and an outside demension of 2 3/4".

I need caps which will fit a 1 7/8" inside demension and 2 1/2" outside.
So if the inside wheel disc is around 2"-2 1/4" it may fit.

Are you interested in the new AR caps I have?  Will you send me
demensions of the caps you have?

                Thanks, John