Edelbrock/Holley Update

To: "'Tiger List'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Edelbrock/Holley Update
From: Dave Binkley <dbinkley@argotech.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 15:40:25 -0800
Thanks again for all the advice on intake manifold gaskets and the BOSS 302
spacer over the last couple of weeks.

I finished everything and fired her up on Saturday afternoon.  Runs great.
What a difference from the stock manifold and carb.  Guess what, the gas
gauge goes down faster now too!

Current configuration: Edelbrock F4B, Holley 1848  465 CFM carb and the Boss
302 spacer.  No apparent clearance problems between the air cleaner and the
underneath of the hood as measured with modelers clay on top of the air
cleaner at the front and on the sides.  Full 1/4 inch of clearance.  After
100 miles, no scratches on the underneath of the hood.

I used the intake gaskets that block off the warm air coming up from the
exhaust manifolds.  Used cork gaskets on the ends glued in with adhesive and
then topped with RTV in the corners.

Only last minute complication was the need to get a new aluminum thermostat
housing as the original set up had the "recess" for the thermostat in the
intake manifold.  The Edelbrock does not have this recess thus requiring a
new housing which did.  Got one from Mustang Ranch for about $18.

Oh yeah, one more thing.  The brand new "Tiger Powered by Ford" valve covers
from Sunbeam Specialties have to add at least 20 horsepower each, don't you
think???

Dave