Long message, press delete now

To: "Tigerlist * (E-mail)" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Long message, press delete now
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 07:21:48 -0600
Kirk Even wrote:
*We have also found out that many of our members are not hooked up to
e-mail
*or the internet, thus any inputs will likely be posted in our
newsletter
*next month.

I had been thinking about this. Could the various clubs (CAT, TE/AE,
STOA, etc.) consider adding e-mail addresses to their club roster
information? This would make the documents longer, but who uses
snail-mail any more?

I wrote:
*       Also, I just got the developed pictures, and the Kodak Picture
*Disk, of the Jack-o-LATern. I'll send the image to Mark Olson to see if
*he wants to add it to the "images" section of his website.

Already heard from Mark that the images are "up" on his site. The only
thing scary about this Halloween decoration is that anyone would spend
time on this.

Barry Schonberger wrote:
*Used ACCUSUMP with electric valve and one way valve.   $110.00
*(used -10 EARLS fittings and hose available)

Been looking at these in catalogs for 20 years now, it seems like a good
idea. But where on a tiger would you fit one?

Jeff Barsness wrote:

*OK Larry, I've got a set of American Racing Torque Thrust D wheels. The
*five spoke ones. The bolt pattern is the standard Ford 5 on 4 1/2.
(SNIP)
*I've been looking at putting Mustang 2 ball joints in
*with a 2" dropped spindle. Can it be done? How?

I think these are really good-looking wheels, except, perhaps for the
center cap attachment. But the last time I looked the Mustang II has the
same 4-bolt pattern as a Tiger; how would changing spindles (and hubs,
right?) help? Obviously, I'm missing something here. Or would Mustang II
spindles permit using earlier Mustang 5-bolt hubs?

Bob Hokanson wrote:
* I recall that Tom Patton wrote a brief article
*some years ago about changing to Pinto spindles.

Same thing?

Theo Smit wrote:
*Does anyone have a concise description of how to locate the roll center
of a
*Mumford link? It's a rear axle lateral locating device that was used on
recent
(SNIP)
*I can put together a Word doc for anyone who wants a picture of what
the general
*arrangement is, and if your email can take M$ attachments.

O.K., I'll bite. I have never heard of, nor can visualize, this set-up.
Anything like a De Dion?

Dave Binkley wrote:
*Oh yeah, one more thing.  The brand new "Tiger Powered by Ford" valve
covers
*from Sunbeam Specialties have to add at least 20 horsepower each, don't
you
*think???

Of course, but I'll defer to the List's "experts" for an analysis of how
the finned covers keep the valve springs cooler to prevent high-rpm
float.

Timothy Beloney wrote:
*There is now a lovely V-6 resting in my garage waiting to nestle into
the
*Alpine (after a lot of work).

Congratulations. Nothing like sheer determination, eh? Good luck on V-6
Alpine, the ones I've seen are impressive, although I haven't seen any
finned "powered by Ford" valve covers for the V-6, so watch out for
overheated valve springs. :-)

Finally, I've been trying to clean up my files on "tech hints" from the
List. Some early stuff (for me) from late 1995 I only printed out, but
starting in early 1996 I started saving it to a Word document. Breaking
it out into catagories like Cooling, Suspension, Parts Sources, etc., I
find I have 1/2 Meg of hints. Keep it up, guys!

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
lrw@aop.com