Re: TECH TIP FOR RAMON

To: Norman Miller <rootes1@best.com>
Subject: Re: TECH TIP FOR RAMON
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:10:29 -0800
Norman,

That almost sounds too good to be true. And you know how the
rest of that statement goes.

Unfortunately, when we get a ticket we have to appear and
plead.  Not like a parking ticket that can be done by mail.
If you plead innocent, a trial date is set.  If you plead
quilty, the judge sets the sentence, which could involve
more than a fine, and most fines are pretty stiff.  You must
pay the clerk, right then and there, the amount of the
judgement.  Even if your statement is absolutely true, about
not closing the issue until the books balance, your going to
have a little trouble giving more cash, or writing a larger
check, than the judge stipulates.  They are all sitting
right there, and the paper in the clerks hand states the
fine.  They check it very carefully to be sure you've paid
enough.  Paying too much can't be overlooked very often.

Anyway, it sounds good.

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >