PS: Tiger IRS/multi-link coil overs

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: PS: Tiger IRS/multi-link coil overs
From: "Waybright, Stephen" <Stephen.Waybright@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 08:40:23 -0600
To expand on my last note, for those who are not aware, Griggs Racing (big
time Mustang chassis shop) has already designed a multi link / watts linkage
rear suspension for Tigers. Ken Mattice has the only one installed on his
car, "floating" the leafs so as not to over-constrain the axle positioning
(See the Nov '96 issue of Super Ford for info). The design is really
intended to use coil overs in place of the leafs, which is what I'm having
done.

This is currently not a drop in kit, as they have not been able to assure
the volumes needed to warrant such an effort. But it could be. I'll work the
angle with them to see how many they'd need to build to get it to a
reasonable cost (<$2000). Since mine is just starting, maybe I can save some
money if there are enough of you out there to join the madness!

Stephen Waybright