Re: Tigers on film

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, PHEMISG@tc.gc.ca
Subject: Re: Tigers on film
From: "Bill Lawrence" <billlawrence@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 05:40:00 PST
Tigers,

I caught that show the other night. Rosemary Smith was not having a good
go, but, the other team seemd to make up for it. David Hobbes gave a
neat recap of Tiger history at the end, calling the Tiger the "other"
Cobra.

Technical questions:

Is the Sunbeam Tiger Water pump the same as a "regular" Ford 260's.  I
seem to have developed a whine and fear the bearing may be shot in the
original pump.  What is the proper tension for the belt?  My shop manual
says deflection should be about 1/2",  this seems too tight.
Does anyone have experience with a slightly looser setting?

I also seem to have a leaking gas filler cap (I probably over filled the
tanks) but, I'm wondering if there is a gas cap rebuild kit available?
It appears the cork gasket my father used has a split (clean cut, maybe
it's designed that way?), I would feel more comfortable with a gas
resistant rubber gasket. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Bill Lawrence