Re: Ford brakes

To: <nfgjr@juno.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Ford brakes
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 21:32:52 -0800

> Does anyone know what would cause rotors to warp if not torque or
>rapid cooling?
>
> Could it be the old Front drive vs rear drive?
>
>Norm Garland
>nfgjr@juno.com

    When one of my previous cars warped a brand new set of rotors, I checked
around to find out why.  I was told by several shops, that new rotors need
to thermally seat in.  In other words, they had to go through some severe
temp cycles before they would settle down and maintain their shape.  SO,
since this seemed to make sense to me, I try to heat the hell out of the
rotors before I go and have them turned.  I also get the thicker Police
versions when available, which I did for my Tarus, and my Wifes Chevy
Celebrity Wagon.  Neither have had any warpage yet...

    Well, that's what I was told years ago, and it always made sense to me!

Rich