Re: No Tiger Content

To: "Chris Richards" <richards@northcoast.com>, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: No Tiger Content
From: Wally Menke <wallym@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 23:12:36 +1100 (EST)
At 10:15 PM 10/29/98 -0500, you wrote:
>The environmentalist took the asbestos out of brake linings.  Apparently
>there was a health concern.  I don't think they went far enough.  If they
>are  going to screw up great brake linings, they ought just make cars
>illegal.  As if changing the material that brakes a zillion cars is going
>to change the effect that the rest of the ka-zillion automoibiles are
>having on the environment.
>
>Stepping down...soap box open.......
>
>Chris in Trinidad

Dear Chris & List

They stopped putting asbestos in many things, not only brake lining but
building materials and heat insulation lagging etc. etc. Although a tad
inconvenient they did it for very good reason - it can kill you!.

If you got the asbestos dust on your lungs it could cause a condition called
"asbestosis". You died a slow and painful death.

There was an asbestos mining town called Wittenoon in Western Australia,
where not only have most of the miners died, but many of there family from this.

Cheers
Wally in Melbourne