Re: Roll Me Over

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>,
Subject: Re: Roll Me Over
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 09:47:41 -0800
Guys,

My two cents on this is, I wouldn't trust the bumper mount threads in the
frame horns to do much more than hold the bumper on. I tried bolting a tow
bar to these points once and the bolts pulled out with very little
provocation. Kind of scary pulling the Tiger behind a motor home on the
freeway with nothing tied to it but a little chain. I never want to repeat
that experience again. Thank God I wasn't going downhill at the time. I
know the bolts are primarily in shear in the case of a rotisserie, but
still, I'd opt for using the jacking slots and use the bumper mounts to
make sure it stays snug.

Lots older and a little wiser in San Diego,

Bob
Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com