Re: original auto ads

To: <DrMayf@aol.com>, <alpine@kiva.net>, <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: original auto ads
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 19:27:45 -0800
    Regardless of How good our Color printers may be, they will not create
originals of these documents.  I wasn't even remotely suggesting that he
reduce the price of what he has or that any should not buy what he has if
they are interested in it.  IN FACT...Have them all on the web, would
INCREASE his sales of these documents.  Hey, if he had a real nice color
broshure of the 65 Series IV in BRG, I might just have to buy it myself,
especially if I could see it before sending the money.
    The Main reason I suggested this was to insure that these documents be
preserved in digital form.  It sounds like he has been colecting these for
years and has maybe hundreds of different documents.  These NEED to be
preserved, and since they are all at one location at the moment, it is a
PRIME opportunity to preserve them before they get scattered all over the
planet by individual buyers that may only want a couple of pieces each.  I
was looking out for the good of all people, including the owner(s) of the
documents.

     How many coppies of the U.S. Constitution are there?  But which one is
the valuable one?  The originals will always be worth the most, as long as
they still exist.  because when they are all gone, then they're gone, and if
we don't have copies of them somewhere, they're lost forever.  And I don't
think ANY of us want that to happen.

Rich