A arm size

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A arm size
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 18:23:30 -0500
Tiger Folks,
        I am doing some calculations on Ackerman
angles and I need some accurate information.
I have estimated values; but it is difficult
to measure accurately while the parts are on
my Tiger.

I can use help on the following:

Distance from centerline of rack to the
center of rotation of spindle.

Length of the steering arm from center of
steering rotation to center of tie rod end ball.

Angle of steering arm from center of steering
rotation to center of tie rod end ball.
(relative to surface of disk or wheel)

Length of tie rod from rack ball center to tie
rod end ball center.

Length of Upper A arm from piviot to center of
upper ball.

Length of Lower A arm from piviot to center of
lower ball.

Distance from upper A arm piviot to lower A Arm
piviot. (or fulcurms , what ever they are called)

Spindle length, center of upper ball to center of
lower ball.

Height of tierod ball relative to center of lower ball
of the spindle.

Height of centerline of rack relative to center of tie
rod ball. ( when Tiger is at normal ride Height).

Toe in (or out)change from stopped measurment to
under speed load. i.e. suspension complience effects
on toe in.

All the above have impacts to the angle the tires
are; given a fixed rack movement.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others