Re: Mech. vs. Hyd. lifters

To: Stephen.Waybright@COMPAQ.com
Subject: Re: Mech. vs. Hyd. lifters
From: bobhorwitz@juno.com (Robert P Horwitz)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 15:34:40 -0800
I have a solid lifter Crane roller cam and roller rocker arm setup on my
302 and have been very pleased. The engine will rev to the danger point.
It is noisy but it's noisy the way Castrol R smells good, i.e., racing
sensations. Yes, it's a pain in the ass to adjust the rocker arms - I
have to lower the engine to get the valve covers off. I do it about every
10,000 miles but, for me, this is every 3 or 4 years. If I had it to do
it over, I'd do the same thing. I also have the SVO version of the T-5.