Prehistoric Upholstery Project Revisited

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Prehistoric Upholstery Project Revisited
From: Alvin and Lucille Johnson <johnson@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 10:32:40 -0500
Weird parts keep turning up. A project I long considered but never
executed was to retrim the upholstered pad in the metal squab that
serves as a boot cover on the Mk 1. I went so far as to get OEM type
pebble grained vinyl and somehow even rounded up OEM black plastic
rivets that fasten the pad to the metal boot. I think I got these from
George Ray, who was a Sunbeam dealer in Newport RI up through the 1970s.
Just died 4-5 years ago.
Like many such good ideas, I never got around to doing it, but I did use
a piece of the vinyl to have my upholsterer repair a tear in the
driver's seat many years ago..
So I've still got two pieces of vinyl---38"X47" and 22"X48"--- and a
packet of 12 black rivets---Rootes #5112272---for a winter project that
someone more ambitious than I might want to tackle. If you are seriously
interested & want to test the vinyl match, I'll even snip a teeny piece
off for you to examine. Offers invited.
Al Johnson